Club Manager Position
The Navan Curling Club requires a Club Manager for the 2017/2018 season.
The Club began in 1984 with the current 4-sheet facility built in 1991. Membership is upwards of 600.
The Manager plays an integral role in the successful operation of the Club, with a strong commitment to both customer service and financial accountability. A SmartServe qualification, proficiency in MS Word and Excel, bookkeeping and excellent communication skills are all essential. Assets would include: bilingualism, knowledge of the Curling Community, Sports Management and or Hospitality Management and familiarity with the Curling Club Manager application.
The Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Club in accordance with applicable local, provincial and federal legislation, including bar service during the day from Monday to Friday. Weekend work is occasionally required. A personal vehicle is required for some errands, pickups and deliveries.
The position is very demanding during the curling season, with limited hours necessary May through September. The duties may be performed by more than one person, though remuneration remains the same.
On a daily basis, the Manager will:
- manage all correspondence and inquiries for the club, including letters, emails, phone calls, and voice mails;
- reconcile revenues, provide Z reports, prepare and submit bank deposits;
- ensure the Club is open, clean and tidy for all scheduled draws/events;
- ensure the kitchen and bar are stocked and be responsible for and co-ordinate kitchen operations; and
- ensure all equipment is maintained in operational condition, done in conjunction with Directors and the Club’s Ice Maker.
The Manager is responsible for carrying out the directives of the Board of Directors and making recommendations and proposals to the Board for the betterment of the Club and its membership. Attendance at Board meetings is / may be required.
Remuneration will be $28,000 - $30,000 depending on experience and skill set.
Application must include a current resume as well as contact information and references.
Deadline is Friday August 25, 2017
Navan Curling Club
1305 Fairgreen Ave.
Navan, On. K4B 1N2
Attn.: 2017 Club Manager Position